The demos in this library assume that a program called ptplay is in your path, and that it accepts data of an appropriate format and will play it over the computer sound card at an 8 kHz sample rate.
The samples are written into a file before they are played. Since a large number of samples must be generated, these demos can take some time to run.
- Chirp generator.
- Sound generator using FM modulation.
- Read a speech signal from a file, and encode it at two bits per sample using adaptive differential pulse code modulation with a feedback-around-quantizer structure. The signal is then reconstructed from the quantized data. The original and reconstructed speech are played.
- Simulation of plucked string sounds using the Karplus-Strong algorithm.
- Coarticulation with an Adaptive Vocoder. The resulting FM synthesized sound is played.
- A block processed version of the vox demo.
- Illustrate the effect on speech of a zero-substitution policy in a network with 48 byte packets and a variable loss probability.
Illustrate the effect on speech of a previous cell substitution policy in a network with 48 byte packets and a variable loss probability.
Eight-channel perfect reconstruction one-dimensional analysis/synthesis filter bank. The incoming speech signal is split into eight adjacent frequency bins and then reconstructed. The original and reconstructed speech are played.
- Four channel subband speech coding with APCM at 16kps.