Create a New Module
- Click File from the menu line and choose New or click the tool button New Model.
- Choose Module from the Type of Model drop-down menu.
- Specify the name for your module by setting Logical Name to MyAdderModule.
- Click the icon to the right of the Library ﬁeld. Select MySubLibrary from the selection dialog.
- From the drop down menu Modeling Domain select SDF.
- The Physical Name ﬁeld is set automatically. You can change it if you want.
- The Physical Location ﬁeld is set automatically to $MLD_USER/First_Steps/MySubLibrary.
A module is created by default as a sub-directory within the directory of the library to which it belongs. Even though you can change the physical location, we do not recommend to change it.
- You have the opportunity to type a brief description for your module in the Description input ﬁeld. This text appears in the tool tip text when the cursor is placed over the module in the Tree View window and as an introduction for the online documentation which is automatically generated.
- Click OK to save the module in your library. When creation of the model is ﬁnished, the new module will open automatically in a new Model Editor window.
As for creating a new library, you can also create a module quickly by selecting the New Model → Module context menu item after right-clicking on the library item in the Tree View.