Create a New System
Proceed as follows:
- Click File from the menu line and choose New or click the tool button New Model.
- Choose System from the Type of Model drop-down menu.
- Specify the name for your system by setting Logical Name to MyAdderSystem
- Click the icon to the right of the Library ﬁeld. Select MySubLibrary from the selection dialog.
- From the drop down menu Modeling Domain select SDF
- The Physical Name ﬁeld is set automatically. You can change it if you want.
- The Physical Location ﬁeld is set automatically to $MLD_USER/First_Steps/MySubLibrary
A system is created by default as a sub-directory within the directory of the library to which it belongs. Even though you can change the physical location, we do not recommend to change it.
- You have the opportunity to type a brief description for your system in the Description input ﬁeld. This text appears in the tool tip text when the cursor is placed over the system in the Tree View window and as an introduction for the online documentation which is automatically generated.
- Click OK to save the system in your library. When creation of the model is ﬁnished, the new system model will open automatically in a new Model Editor window.
As for creating a new library, you can also create a system quickly by selecting the New Model→ System context menu item after right-clicking on the library item in the Tree View.